Presidential Search Committee Members
- Dr. Kirk Johnson
- Dr. Victoria Neagoe
- Dr. Joel Worden
- Kristine Santomauro
- Joan Panik
- John Patterson
- Ursula Sharp
- Co-chairs Mark Olazagasti and Connie Winner
Logistical & Operational Support:
- Paula Finnefrock, Assistant to the President
Charge for the Search Committee
Recommend to the Goldey-Beacom College Board of Trustees no fewer than two nor more than four preferred candidates, unranked, for position, with substantiation of the committee's conclusion that those candidates meet the requirements for the position.
Prepare and approve a statement of institutional opportunities for the next president and a statement of desired characteristics and experience necessary to realize those opportunities based on input from the College’s faculty, staff, and trustees.
Conduct an open, inclusive, and national search to attract highly qualified candidates. Oversee and direct the search process, including communications with candidates, conduct of references, maintenance of records, and arrangements for interviews.
Maintain absolute confidentiality concerning the names and credentials of candidates and discussions within the committee throughout the search and beyond.
To the degree possible without compromising confidentiality requirements, report regularly to the faculty and staff regarding the overall progress of the search process.
Code of Ethics for the Search Committee
Members of the Search Committee pledge to adhere to the following:
- Members of the Search Committee accept their responsibility shared by their fellow Search Committee members to protect the integrity of the Goldey-Beacom College and its affiliates and all prospects, semi-final candidates and final candidates.
- They acknowledge that the substance of the Search Committee’s discussions and deliberations, including without limitation the identification of individual members of the Search Committee as having expressed particular opinions about specific prospects or candidates, or the general or specific opinions expressed by the Search Committee members, are not to be shared publicly.
- They acknowledge that only the Co-Chairs of the Search Committee are authorized to speak to the news media or any other publication or media outlet, or to respond to any inquiries, on behalf of the Search Committee.
- They certify that they are not a candidate for the position of Goldey-Beacom College.
- They agree to disclose promptly to the Search Committee any conflict of interest, or the appearance thereof, as a result of a relationship between them and any prospect or candidate, or for any other reason.
- They acknowledge that information is a crucial component of the Search Committee’s work.
This work includes, without limitation, information developed and received about prospects,
candidates and their employing institutions. They understand maintaining the confidentiality of
this information is necessary to attract high quality finalists, to avoid putting their current
positions in jeopardy, and to protect the integrity of such individuals as well as that of the
Goldey-Beacom College and my fellow Search Committee members. Specifically, they will
adhere to the following principles:
- They will respect the absolute confidentiality of all prospects and candidates. They will not reveal the identity of, or any other information about, prospects and candidates before or after the Search Committee completes its work.
- They will be fair, accurate, honest and responsible in their management of information germane to the search.
- They will guard against inaccuracies, carelessness, bias, and distortion made by either emphasis or omission of information.
- They will strive to treat issues impartially and handle controversial subjects dispassionately.
- They will give accurate and complete reports on candidates to the Search Committee Co- Chairs or their designee.
- They will place the best interests of the Goldey-Beacom College ahead of all special and personal interests and they will use common sense and good judgement in applying ethical principles to this search process.
- They will attend all meetings of the Search Committee and if they are unable to do so, they will contact the Co-Chairs or their designee in a timely manner.
- They consider the letter and spirit of this Code of Ethics to be a matter of personal responsibility and that their failure to uphold this responsibility may lead to their removal from the Search Committee by the Co-Chairs.