Mission & Philosophy
In its second century, Goldey-Beacom College reaffirms its commitment to the proud tradition of providing accessible, high-quality, career-focused education.
An independent, multilevel college, Goldey-Beacom College offers challenging undergraduate and graduate programs. As a teaching-oriented institution of higher learning, the College emphasizes instructional excellence in the classroom and is committed to sustaining faculty who are caring, dedicated and knowledgeable in their respective fields, who motivate their students to realize their full learning potential, and, above all, who represent teaching excellence.
Goldey-Beacom College is further committed to providing a caring, wholesome, intellectually stimulating learning environment to its students so they may grow as individuals and become worthy, productive members of society.
In the twenty-first century, Goldey-Beacom College will be a leading regional institution of higher education, offering high quality programs in a nurturing atmosphere where quality is always dictated by the needs of our principal consumer - the student, and where consumer satisfaction is pursued by all as the paramount goal.
In realization of this vision, and as a foremost measure of quality, the College will attract and retain a dedicated, professional staff, as well as credentialed faculty recognized for expertise in their field and who excel in the art of teaching, student mentoring, endeavors of scholarship, research, and service. Built on this firm foundation of scholarship, service, and support, the institution will seek and maintain appropriate and prestigious national accreditations.
The goals of Goldey-Beacom College are:
- To provide students with a broad, general education consisting of communications, mathematics, humanities, and social sciences so they may develop an informed understanding of the society in which they live.
- To provide students with an in-depth preparation in their major field of study in order to facilitate their successful entry into a career or advanced education, including active assistance in the job search and placement process.
- To help make the College accessible to all academically-qualified students through financial aid, flexible scheduling, and the use of technology.
- To maintain up-to-date curricula which are responsive to the current and future needs of students.
- To attract, hire, and retain competent faculty who are masterful in the art of teaching.
- To provide faculty with ongoing opportunities for professional growth and advancement in their area(s) of teaching responsibility in order to further enhance knowledge and teaching excellence for the benefit of students.
- To assure technology literacy in all students by providing interaction with up-to-date computer equipment and software and by integrating technology throughout the curricula.
- To provide students with a learning environment that is caring and supportive, yet challenging and rigorous.
- To provide academic integrity by creating an environment that fosters ethical values and honest behavior.
- To continually assess and refine programs and services to assure high student satisfaction.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
Goldey-Beacom College recognizes the importance of being an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable and respectful campus climate. We are constantly working to create a College that celebrates individuality and strives to provide a non-discriminatory, fair and equitable learning and working environment for the GBC family. We believe that achieving greater diversity in all forms -- identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities and opinions -- will enhance our College. As a result of these efforts, we are governed by transparency and accountability in our human resource policies and procedures, recruitment and selection, hiring, training and development, employee relations, promotion, compensation and total rewards, and termination.