Resources for Veterans and Military Students

Points of Contact

Are you eligible to receive military or veterans benefits? Our Advisors are available to support Service members and eligible beneficiaries as they transition from military life to college life. GBC's VA School Certifying Officials, Deb Harbaugh, Senior Advisor/Special Accommodations Coordinator, and Amanda Birch, Senior Advisor, are fully trained and qualified to assist student Veterans and Service members with academic counseling, including course registration and program selection, and graduation tracking through degree completion. Ms. Harbaugh also coordinates student support services for academic accommodations and disability counseling. Job search activities and career placement is also available through our Career Services Department, who can be reached at

Our Financial Aid Office provides information and guides students through the financial aid process, such as the completion of financial aid forms. Both the Advisors' Offices and the Financial Aid Office are located in Fulmer Center’s Financial Aid/Advising Office. The Office is open from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm Monday through Thursday and 8:30 am to 4:30 pm on Friday. While Ms. Harbaugh and Ms. Birch keep regular work hours, Advisors and Financial Aid Counselors are available during normal business hours to assist all students as well as veterans, military students, and military family members enrolled at GBC. All Advisors and Financial Aid Counselors receive annual financial aid training and are well versed on academic and financial aid policies. The staff in these offices are dedicated to supporting our student veterans and service members from the day they join Goldey-Beacom College through graduation and beyond. More information regarding services to veterans and military students can be found here.

Tuition Assistance (TA)

Military Tuition Assistance (TA) is a source of financial aid for active duty military. Each Service branch determines eligibility. Tuition Assistance covers up to 100% Tuition and Fees, not to exceed $250.00 per semester credit hour or $4,500.00 per fiscal year.

All Active Duty Service Members (including Guard and Reserve) must contact their Education Services Officer (ESO) or Education Counselor within your branch of Service prior to enrolling in any college or university.

To access the Tuition Assistance Application Procedures for each Military Services, please click the branch of Service below.

When a prospective student calls, emails or applies for acceptance to GBC and mentions military benefits, our Admissions Representative will notify the Advisor to contact the prospective student prior to enrolling the student in courses. If the Advisor determines the prospective student is eligible for Tuition Assistance, they will be instructed to seek approval from their ESO, military counselor or Service prior to enrollment. If the Advisor determines the student is eligible for Veteran Benefits through Chapter 30, Chapter 31, Chapter 33, Chapter 35, or Chapter 1606, the student will be required to provide DD-214 and Certificate of Eligibility, or a screen shot of the VA benefits page, prior to the Advisor certifying enrollment. The Advisor may reserve a seat in a course or courses pending receipt of required documentation. The Service Member must request Military TA and receive approval prior to the start date of the course(s), or the Service Member may be responsible for the full tuition cost of the course(s).

Should the Service Member withdraw from course(s) after receiving TA funds, the College will return the unearned TA funds directly to the Military Service, not to the Service Member, according the Return of Unearned TA Funds Policy.

GBC Tuition and Fees

Goldey-Beacom College's current tuition and fees for undergraduate and graduate students can be found here. Textbooks and supplies are not included in the cost of tuition and must be purchased separately. The College has partnered with MBS Direct to offer the Goldey-Beacom College Online Bookstore for all your textbook purchases. A student can conveniently order textbooks online or over the phone by calling 1-800-325-3252.

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

All veterans and military students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid to determine eligibility for federal grants and loans. This aid could be in addition to any tuition assistance received from the various veterans benefits programs or Tuition Assistance programs for active military and their family members.

An interested student can access the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

To learn more about the federal grant and loan programs available to eligible students at Goldey-Beacom College should visit the Scholarship section on the website.

The College's Admissions Office awards scholarship funding to an eligible student upon acceptance into a degree program.

Steps to Apply for Federal or State Financial Aid

  • After submitting an admissions application and required documents, a student completes and submits the FAFSA found at
  • An Admissions letter is sent to the student upon acceptance into a degree program.
  • A notification email from the College's Office of Information Technology will instruct the student on how to access GBC email.
  • Submit all request financial aid verification documents to your Advisor.
  • The student will be notified via GBC email when the financial aid package is ready for review on Net Partner, the GBC student financial aid module. Net Partner access can be found on the left-hand menu of this page.
  • A student can accept all federal and state financial aid awards using Net Partner.

Federal Student Aid

Goldey-Beacom College recommends students contact GBC Financial Aid Office at (302) 225-6264 or about your questions or concerns prior to contacting the Federal Student Aid Feedback System or Ombudsman Group.

The Federal Student Aid (FSA) Feedback System is a website managed by the U.S. Department of Education dedicated for collecting feedback, information, and complaints related to Federal Student Aid (FSA).

The Federal Student Aid (FSA) Ombudsman Group website contains contact information helpful in resolving disputes related to your Federal Student Aid.

Service Member's and Reservist's Re-Entry To GBC

Goldey-Beacom College understands that Service Members and Reservists are at times called away from their studies and supports military students by providing an easy transition to re-enroll. If a Service Member is temporarily unable to attend classes or has to suspend their studies due to service requirements, the student should contact their Advisor, see "Point of Contact" above, for assistance. The student should also submit a Leave of Absence Form to the Registrar's Office ( In support of our Service Members and Reservists, enrolled students are not penalized for a leave of absence when military duty is required, they will be promptly readmitted at the same academic status upon re-entry.