Goldey-Beacom College is eager to add qualified, enthusiastic staff and faculty members to the GBC team. Below you will find the listing of positions we currently have available at our Pike Creek Delaware campus.
If interested, please fill out the GBC Employment Application.Employment Application
Food Service Assistant (Part Time)
Goldey-Beacom College is accepting applications for part-time Food Service Assistant. The position is no more than 20 hours per week; Mondays – Thursdays 11 am to 4 pm; mid-August through May; evenings and weekend coverage may be required. Principal job duties include, but are not limited to, taking orders from customers, food preparation, and kitchen maintenance. Candidates must have the ability to lift at least 35 pounds daily or when needed. Applicants are expected to have a strong background in computers with knowledge in Word, Excel, and Outlook applications and strong communication abilities, including excellent writing skills. A high school diploma is required and food service experience with ServSafe certification is preferred. Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of application, and a completed GBC Employment Application to Renee Saxton-Forgue, Food Service Manager, Goldey-Beacom College, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
IT Support Specialist (Full Time)
Goldey-Beacom College is seeking a motivated and technology-oriented candidate to immediately join the Office of Information Technology. The Specialist is primarily responsible for effective support and preventative maintenance of technology at Goldey-Beacom College. This entry-level position troubleshoots problems and provides resolutions for technology issues and requests, including desktop computers, laptops, mobile devices, projectors, software (including installation), and many other devices. This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week (occasional Saturday support).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Dean of Information Technology, the Specialist will be responsible for the following functions, which include, but are not limited to:
- Deploy new computers, printers and peripherals
- Computer setup for new hires, moves, and changes (file migration, user preferences, etc.)
- Collaborate on the creation and testing of staff computers
- Provide fixes and modifications of installed software
- Maintain network printers
- Maintain physical security of technology equipment
- Diagnose and replace computer components (hard drive, memory, optical drives)
- Diagnose network and wireless issues (connectivity, network port patches)
- Provide basic desk side support for Microsoft Office and Office 365
- Research hardware/software problems and place service calls as needed for computers, projectors, printers, and peripherals
- Comply with department and Goldey-Beacom College policies and procedures
- Complete assigned customer service requests (work orders) on timely basis
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Be capable of properly lifting up to 55 pounds
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree or other relevant technical certificates preferred
- Two years of PC/Mac/printer hardware configurations and troubleshooting experience
- Experience installing and troubleshooting software and hardware
- Knowledge of desktop security/networking and standards, and working knowledge of local area networks (wired/wireless)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
Other Skills/Job Requirements
- Strong technical troubleshooting and resolution skills with demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly
- Strong research and analytical skills for more complex issues/problems
- Must be able to work independently on complex work with minimal direction as well as collaboratively within a team setting
- Excellent communication (including writing), collaboration, organizational and time management skills including the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and independently manage a changing workload and schedule for self and assigned student staff in a wide variety of settings and situations
- Strong background in customer service
- Proven ability to perform well under stress when confronted with emergency, critical or unusual customer situations, ability to maintain a strong sense of urgency, appropriate use of judgment as to when to escalate difficult situations or seek guidance
- Ability to follow up on assignments and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Attentive to detail and documents work as well as communication with clients through ticket tracking system
- Maintain excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non- technical colleagues at all levels in the organization and ability to adapt and respond to staff, faculty, and student IT needs
- Accept, understand the privacy and confidential information policies
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of application, and a completed GBC Employment Application to Emily Jackson (email@example.com), Dean of Information Technology, Goldey-Beacom College, 4701 Limestone Road, Wilmington, DE 19808.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Librarian (Part Time)
Goldey-Beacom College is seeking a motivated candidate to join the Library staff of the Hirons Library and Learning Center at the College. Responsibilities of this part-time position include covering the Circulation Desk to assist users of print and online resources, developing LibGuides, assisting in copy cataloguing, providing services, such as teaching information literacy to graduate and undergraduate students, and supervising student aides. Some weekend and evening hours will be required. Candidates for this position must possess a Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution, have one or more years of experience in an academic library in either technical or public services, and be capable of lifting up to 25 pounds. Excellent computer and communication skills, including excellent writing skills and Microsoft Excel, are required as well as a strong background in customer service. Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume and a completed GBC Employment Application Russell Michalak, Director of Library and Learning Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Library Assistant (Part Time)
Goldey-Beacom College is seeking a motivated candidate to join the Library staff of the Hirons Library & Learning Center (HLLC) at the College and is now accepting applications for a part-time Library Assistant position. The position is no more than 20 hours per week; Sunday and evenings coverage is required. Duties include circulation duties, data entry, and assisting students. Applicants should possess good organizational skills, excellent customer service skills, a professional appearance, and personable demeanor. Applicants are expected to have a strong background in computers with knowledge is Word, Excel, and Outlook applications and strong communication abilities, including excellent writing skills. A Bachelor’s Degree is required, and the applicant should be capable of lifting up to 25 pounds. Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of application, and a completed GBC Employment Application to Russell Michalak, Director of the Library & Learning Center, Goldey-Beacom College, 4701 Limestone Road, Wilmington, DE 19808, or to email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Accounting Instructor (Part Time)
Goldey-Beacom College is looking for a part-time faculty member to teach accounting courses, including Advanced Accounting, Principles I and II, and Accounting Information Systems at the undergraduate level. A master's degree in Accounting or a closely related field is required. A CPA is preferred. We are looking for master teachers with college-level instructional experience who have a desire to work closely with students. Indicate if you are available to teach during the day or evening or both. Please submit a letter of interest, current vita, completed GBC Employment Application, and graduate transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MBA Instructors (Part Time)
GBC is looking for potential part-time faculty members for the Master of Business Administration program. A terminal degree (e.g. DBA, Ph.D., JD, DM) from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning in the field is required, as well as related work experience and a desire to work closely with students.Teaching experience is preferred. Classes are offered one evening per week for eight weeks or all day on alternating Saturdays four times per eight-week session.
Microsoft Office Instructors (Part Time)
Goldey-Beacom College is looking for potential part-time faculty members to teach Microsoft Office 2016 courses that lead to certification. There is a course devoted to each package: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, as well as an Advanced Excel class. A master’s degree is required, as is certification in the package being taught. Teaching experience is preferred, and a desire to work closely with students is essential.
Undergraduate Day and Evening Instructors (Part Time)
Goldey-Beacom College is looking for potential part-time faculty members to teach daytime undergraduate level Math courses (MAT 109 - Basic Algebra through MAT 298 and MAT 299 – Calculus I and II, or STA 326 and STA 327 – Statistics I and II), Psychology courses (PSY 160 - Introduction to Psychology with possibility of other psychology courses in the evening) and possibly English courses (ENG 175 – Critical Writing I and ENG 176 – Critical Writing II). A master’s degree in the field or a closely related field is required. We are looking for master teachers with college-level instructional experience who have a desire to work closely with students. Be sure to indicate whether you are available to teach during the day or evening or both.
Goldey-Beacom College is an equal opportunity employer.