Goldey-Beacom College is eager to add qualified, enthusiastic staff and faculty members to the GBC team. Below you will find the listing of positions we currently have available at our Pike Creek Delaware campus.
If interested, please fill out the GBC Employment Application.Employment Application
Director of Counseling Services
Goldey-Beacom College is accepting applications for a full-time Director of Counseling Services position. The holder of this position will report to the Dean of Students and will oversee all functions relating to the counseling services for residential and commuting students. The position is a 10-month position, running from August through May. The job responsibilities include the following:
- Provide individual and group counseling services to students; including clinical services (intake; individual; couples; group; and emergency/crisis counseling; and individual assessment); outreach and consultation services, training (internship and practicum students).
- Promote a safe environment for students to discuss their feelings and then, ultimately, help them develop strategies to deal with the events in their life.
- Responsible for daily operations of Counseling Services.
- Supervise and coordinate graduate interns and students workers.
- Design and implement outreach and intervention programs as needed.
- Supervise the provision of health care services for students.
- Serve as Student Affairs point of contact for the provision of interventions and services for students determined to be "at risk".
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to develop programmatic goals in order to provide comprehensive counseling opportunities to students.
- Consults with faculty, students, and staff concerning student needs and students of concerns.
- Provides individual, couples, group, and crisis counseling relative to personal and social problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of theory, practice and ethics within the counseling profession through professional development opportunities.
- Collect and evaluate student requests for medical and mental health withdrawals.
- Plan, develop, implement, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate policies.
- Develop and present workshops designed to meet student and staff needs on a variety of subjects, as needed.
- Support both the College's retention team and student response team.
- Maintain and ensure the security of confidential counseling records within the counseling center.
A Master's Degree in Counseling or Social Work, with independent state licensure, and at least four years' experience in a college counseling center is required. Demonstrated supervisory experience is preferred. The carrying of individual professional liability insurance is also required.
Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of application, and a completed GBC Employment Application to Chuck Hammond, Dean of Students, Goldey-Beacom College, at email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Engagement and Outreach Librarian (Part Time)
Goldey-Beacom College is seeking a motivated candidate to join the Library staff of the Hirons Library and Learning Center at the College. Strong interpersonal skills are essential. The successful candidate will be a strong advocate for underserved student populations. Responsibilities of this part-time position include:
- Plan, implement, and evaluate a diverse range of outreach initiatives, programming, and instructional support services for an identified campus audience.
- Offer workshops and other group or one-on-one consultations to students to foster a strong perception that successful library research and information discovery is well within reach for any student applying information literacy strategies promoted by librarians.
- Work directly with student groups, seek out and build relationships with student‐centered departments and programs across campus, especially those supporting traditionally underserved populations.
- Apply instructional design principles to create online learning and face-to-face training in support library and learning center initiatives.
- Utilize social media platforms in the library to conduct outreach for the library and academic resource center.
- Participate in assessment to ensure quality and improve the effectiveness of library services.
- Perform copy cataloging.
Candidates for this position must possess a Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution, have one or more years of experience in an academic library in either technical or public services, and be capable of lifting up to 25 pounds. Excellent computer and communication skills, including excellent writing skills and Microsoft Excel, are required as well as a strong background in customer service.
Interested candidates should send cover letter, resume and a completed GBC Employment Application to Russell Michalak, Director of Library and Learning Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Head Golf Coach (Part Time)
Goldey-Beacom College is accepting applications for a part-time Head Golf Coach position. The holder of this position will oversee all aspects of the Goldey-Beacom College men's golf program. The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to recruiting, training, game day coaching, budget, equipment, travel, and scheduling.
A Bachelor's Degree is required with formal training in athletic techniques and procedures or High School diploma with extensive coaching experience. Interested applicants should send a resume, letter of application, and a completed GBC Employment Application to Jeremy Benoit, Associate Athletic Director, Goldey-Beacom College, at email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Microsoft Office Instructors (Part Time)
Goldey-Beacom College is looking for potential part-time faculty members to teach Microsoft Office 2016 courses that lead to certification. There is a course devoted to each package: Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, as well as an Advanced Excel class. A master’s degree is required, as is certification in the package being taught. Teaching experience is preferred, and a desire to work closely with students is essential.
Undergraduate Day and Evening Instructors (Part Time)
Goldey-Beacom College is looking for potential part-time faculty members to teach a daytime undergraduate level Psychology course (PSY 160 - Introduction to Psychology). A master’s degree in the field or a closely related field is required. We are looking for master teachers with college-level instructional experience who have a desire to work closely with students. Be sure to indicate whether you are available to teach during the day or evening or both.
Graduate Instructors (Part Time)
Goldey-Beacom College is looking for potential part-time faculty members to teach the following taxation courses at the master’s level on Saturdays; (ACC 660 Taxation of Corporations), (ACC 675 – Taxation of Partnerships and S Corporations I), (ACC 725 – Taxation of Estates, Gifts and Trusts), (ACC 730 – Taxation of Property-Real Estate/Like Kind Exchanges), as well as an evening master’s level psychology course (PSY 639 -Children & Adolescents). A master’s degree in the field or a closely related field is required. We are looking for master teachers with college-level instructional experience who have a desire to work closely with students.
Goldey-Beacom College is an equal opportunity employer.