Distance Education Complaint Process

Process for Filing a Concern or Complaint

A student taking online classes who seeks to appeal a problem in a course should contact the Academic Affairs Office. A student concerned about a final grade should first follow the Grade Appeal Process listed under Academic Policies.

The information below is available for issues that cannot be resolved by Goldey-Beacom College. Students enrolled in online courses are encouraged to exhaust all possible internal avenues for resolution before filing complaints with external agencies.

Complaint Resolution

If an issue cannot be resolved by Goldey-Beacom College, students enrolled in online courses may file a complaint with the Delaware Higher Education Office.

DE Higher Education Office Complaint Process

Students residing in states other than Delaware may, after exhausting campus procedures, file complaints according to the policies of the state in which they reside. To assist students, the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC SARA) has compiled the appropriate contact information for each state. The list can be accessed at https://nc-sara.org/student-complaints.

Contact Information for GBC’s Accrediting Agency

Unresolved complaints may also be filed with the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, the College's regional accrediting agency. The Commission investigates complaints only when the complainant has exhausted all of the institution's appeal procedures.