Student Account & Resources
Students are emailed their GBC Network username and password to the email address submitted on their application prior to their start at Goldey-Beacom College. This account provides access to GBC Email, Campus Web, Lightning Card Central, and gbcALERT and is available for use throughout the student's entire college career at GBC.
For account questions/problems, please contact the Office of Information Technology by email at email@example.com or by phone at (302) 225-6277.
Every new student is provided with a GBC Email address and can access webmail at http://go.gbc.edu/mail. GBC Email serves as the official means of sending information to students by faculty and staff. Using GBC Email helps ensure that students receive prompt service.
Campus Web provides students with access to the College's learning management software (LMS), student schedules, course offerings, grade reports, unofficial transcripts, aims (majors) with a complete listing of requirements met and unmet, student finances, online payments, and more. The LMS feature gives students access to course syllabi, handouts, and assignments, to email classmates and faculty, to take tests, to see course-related grades, and other course-related content. Access the portal at http://go.gbc.edu/cw.
Net Partner provides students access to financial aid data including their financial aid package status for a particular academic year, the amounts of individual financial aid awards, and information on loan disbursements and loan history. Once logged in to Campus Web, select Net Partner using the link in the left menu on the Financial Aid tab.
gbcALERT is used to notify students about emergencies, weather cancellations/delays, and other updates via text messaging and/or email. All students, faculty, and staff are automatically enrolled for emergency notifications with their GBC Email addresses and mobile phone numbers on record. Users may add additional email addresses and mobile phone numbers or opt out of text messages at http://go.gbc.edu/alerts. Standard text messaging fees may be charged by the users service provider and are the responsibility of the user. For more information please visit Campus Security.
GBC Wi-Fi is available in most locations on campus, including the library, lounges, residence halls, and classrooms. Some outside locations are also accessible, including parking lots, outside seating areas, etc.
Using GBC Wi-Fi
- Only currently enrolled students and employees of Goldey-Beacom College have access to the GBC wireless network. Up-to-date antivirus software must be installed on all PCs or laptops connected to the network.
- A wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax adapter with WPA2 capability is required. Be aware that certain combinations of operating systems, device drivers, and hardware adapters may not connect to our network. OIT will not be responsible for determining how to configure these devices.
- Verify that up-to-date anti-malware software is installed and that the operating system is at least Windows 10 or macOS X with the latest service packs and critical updates installed. Local administrative privileges may be needed to complete the connection process.
- Students can access configuration instructions by logging into Campus Web, clicking the Technology tab and selecting GBC Wi-Fi from the left menu.
- Two weeks into each session, any enrolled student who had not secured his/her schedule for the current session will lose wireless access. Once a student secures his/her schedule, access will be reinstated within one business day. Students can check to see if they have secured their class schedules on Campus Web by selecting 'Have I Secured My Schedule?' on the Finances tab.
- Use of GBC Wi-Fi is subject to the Policy for Responsible Computing and Use of College Resources; it is to be used only for activity related to the educational mission of the College.
- Abuse of the network may result in loss of Wi-Fi access privileges and revocation of the GBC network account.
Note: The Office of Information Technology (OIT) at GBC does not provide technical support for personally-owned computers. We will assist with the configuration of our wireless network for current students, faculty, and staff.