Frequently Asked Questions

What is my federal financial aid eligibility as a graduate student?

To be considered for federal aid at the graduate level, a completed FAFSA must be on file with the Financial Aid Office. The FAFSA can be completed on Graduate students are eligible for Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans. The aggregate limit for annual borrowing at the graduate level is $20,500. Graduate students must be enrolled at least half time to receive an unsubsidized loan.

Can I receive a Pell Grant in the summer session?

In certain situations, an eligible student can receive up to 150% of their scheduled Pell Grant award for an award year during the summer session. Some students may be required to enroll at least half time to receive a Pell Grant in the summer session. To be eligible for a Pell Grant in the summer session, a student will need to:

  1. Completed and submitted a 2022-23 and 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
  2. Retain eligibility for a Pell Grant in the summer session
  3. Meeting satisfactorily standards of academic progress
  4. Enrolled in summer session courses

I plan on using federal direct student loans. What do I need to complete?

Federal aid recipients that plan to use federal direct student loans will need to complete Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note on

Do I need to submit a new FAFSA each year?

Yes. Returning students that plan on using federal aid will need to submit a new FAFSA each year to be considered for federal aid. You may renew your FAFSA on beginning on October 1 each year. It is recommended that you complete your FAFSA early to avoid processing delays.

What is Goldey-Beacom College’s federal school code?


What is the IRS Data Retrieval Tool?

When inputting parental and student tax information on the FAFSA, you can either manually input this data or use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (IRS DRT) to transfer data from their federal income tax returns directly into their FAFSA form. Using the IRS DRT tool is recommended as it is the most efficient way to input financial information on the FAFSA. Please note not everyone is eligible to use the IRS DRT and you may have to input you and your parents tax information manually into the FAFSA form.

My family's financial information has changed since the last time we filed taxes. What now?

If your family’s financial circumstances have changed, you may appeal your financial aid decision by emailing or calling 302-225-6264. Additional documents may be requested to process an appeals decision.

What is Exit Counseling and when do I need to complete it?

If you are a federal direct loan borrower, you will need to complete Exit Counseling on Exit Counseling is required for all federal direct loan borrowers when they graduate or when their enrollment is less than half time. Exit Counseling provides a plethora of information regarding your direct loans, responsibilities, and rights as a borrower. In addition, official college records, such as your academic transcript, may not be released until you complete Exit Counseling.

Who do I contact about my financial aid package?

You may contact the Financial Aid Office directly at 302-225-6264 or by emailing

I was notified by the Financial Aid Office I was selected for verification. What now?

The federal government selects FAFSA’s at random for verification. When selected for verification, you may be requested to provide additional information to the Financial Aid Office to ensure the information provided on your FAFSA is complete and correct. Examples of verification documentation may include, but are not limited to, tax returns for parents and the student, verification worksheet, and statement of non-filing for non-tax filers.

Can I use a payment plan to pay my college expenses?

Goldey-Beacom College offer two payment plans to assist you in paying for tuition, fees, and residence hall charges. The first is the Semester Payment Plan. This plan allows you to divide the fees due into equal monthly installments per semester. The second option is the Annual Payment Plan. This plan allows you to divide the fees due for the entire year into 9 monthly installments (up to 12 monthly installments if you include summer courses in the plan).

Is there a fee for the installment payment plan?

There are no fees associated with the College’s installment payment plans. Installment payment plans at Goldey-Beacom are an affordable way to finance your education!

What are acceptable payment methods?

You can pay with check, cash, money order, cashier's check, traveler's check, wire, or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover/NOVUS, or American Express). Payments are accepted in person, through the mail, and online via Campus Web. You can also wire payment to our bank account, or place non-cash payments in the drop box any time the Fulmer Center is open.

Goldey-Beacom College has partnered with PayMyTuition for international tuition payments. With PayMyTuition, you can pay your tuition payments from any bank, in any country in any currency at better than bank exchange rates. PayMyTuition is fast, simple and cost effective.

Pay My Tuition button

Additional Information on PayMyTuition:

How to make a payment – step-by-step PDFs:

PayMyTuition customer support information Call 1.855.663.6839 (toll-free) or through one of their local country contact numbers. You can also reach PayMyTuition Support at or through their support page. No matter what time zone you're in, you will have a dedicated customer support team available to you through live chat, email and phone to answer any of your questions and help you make your payment.

I have outside scholarships. Can I deduct them from my balance I owe to the College?

Absolutely! You can deduct outside scholarships from your tuition balance. To do so, you will need to provide the Business Office with a copy of the scholarship letter.

What is the SAM 2016 License & Certification Program?

Goldey-Beacom College provides the SAM 2016 License and Certification Program*. SAM 2016 is an interactive online learning environment that helps students master Microsoft Office software concepts essential to academic and career success. This Program provides students with access to SAM 2016 and one Microsoft Office certification exam voucher for each actively enrolled ITG/IT course for each student. This Program is also financially beneficial to students because it enables them to utilize SAM 2016 at a reduced rate.

This Program provides an effective learning experience for students as it eliminates the need for them to purchase SAM 2016 at a higher cost and prevents them from purchasing incorrect versions or expired licenses. It ensures that students have the required access they need beginning with the first day of class. Learn more about SAM 2016 by contacting the instructor of the course which uses SAM 2016 (ITG 148, ITG 149, ITG 325, and IT 253).

* Notes:

  • Participation in the SAM program is mandatory for students enrolled in any of the following courses: ITG 148, ITG 149, ITG 325, and IT 253.
  • Each enrolled student will be provided one voucher to take the Microsoft certification test for the course at no charge. Should the student need to retake the test, a charge of $45 will apply.
  • Once a student activates the SAM 2016 license, the activation cannot be reversed and the charge of $75 will apply.
  • The SAM 2016 license is not transferable and may not be sold/resold to other students.
  • Should the College transition to more current versions of Microsoft Office and SAM in its ITG/IT courses, a new Program charge will apply.