Library & Technology Services
Library ServicesDecember 4 – 17, 2021 HLLC Hours
NOTE: December 18, 2021 – January 2, 2022 the HLLC, and the entire College campus, will be closed.
|Monday - Friday||8:30 am - 5 pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||Closed|
|The HLLC will be closed on all official College holidays. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for the dates GBC will be closed.|
Contact InformationAddress: Hirons Library and Learning Center, Jones Center, 4701 Limestone Road, Wilmington, DE 19808
Phone: (302) 225-6247
About The HLLC
The Hirons Library and Learning Center (HLLC) is dedicated to supporting and enriching the College curricula through the provision of print and non-print materials to students and faculty and to furthering the cause of lifelong education through instruction in the effective use of library resources. The HLLC contains two distinct spaces:
- The Knowledge Commons, which contains full-text volumes that are housed in a robust discovery tool which provides direct access to online collections
- The John R. Miller Academic Resource Center (ARC), a collaborative learning space which supports college faculty by providing a professionally monitored environment for students to complete proctored assessments and receive learning support
HLLC Computing Resources HoursFall Semester: August 24, 2020 - November 24, 2020
|Monday - Friday||9 am - 9 pm|
|Saturday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Sunday||12 noon - 4 pm|
Hirons Library and Learning Center in the Jones Center
Phone: (302) 225-6277
The Hirons Library and Learning Center (HLLC) is the computing resource of Goldey-Beacom College. The Office of Information Technology (OIT) staff maintains and develops the computing facilities to meet the needs of the students at the College and provides services and support for the entire College community.
Current GBC students are welcome to use the facilities any time during posted hours. The laboratory is a workplace and guidelines have been established to safeguard the equipment and environment to allow students to do their best and most efficient work.
Although many GBC courses use online tools and services that work well across different web browsers, operating systems, and devices, certain courses may require software available only for Windows. As a result, the College recommends that students have access to a personal PC running Windows 10.
When purchasing a new personal laptop, GBC recommends at least the following minimum specifications, to provide an optimal student learning experience:
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Screen size: 13 – 15”, with integrated camera and microphone
- Memory (RAM): 16 GB
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or equivalent
- Storage: 512 GB solid-state drive (SSD)
- Networking: 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0
- Security: hardware support for Windows Hello, anti-malware software
- Optional features: touch and/or pen support, 2-in-1 tablet design, fast USB-C charging
Goldey-Beacom College has an arrangement with Dell and GovConnection for special deals for our students, faculty and staff. We provide this link as a service and do not endorse their products or services.
A Canon CanoScan LiDE 600F scanner is located in the HLLC and can be used for scanning documents and images into Windows, Microsoft Office, PDF, etc.
Office of Information Technology
- Hours: Monday - Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- GBC Wi-Fi: Details about connecting wireless devices can be found in the GBC Wi-Fi section in the left menu of the Technology tab on Campus Web.
- Gaming and Streaming Devices: To configure gaming and streaming devices, start by completing a Device Registration Request form which can be found on the Technology Tab of Campus Web. Nintendo Wii gaming systems and Google Chromecast devices are currently not supported on GBC Wi-Fi.
- Other: To schedule an appointment during the hours listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.