Library & Technology Services
Please visit https://gbc.libguides.com/homepage/HLLC_hours to see current HLLC hours.
Hirons Library and Learning Center, Jones Center, 4701 Limestone Road, Wilmington, DE 19808
Phone: (302) 225-6247
About The HLLC
The Hirons Library and Learning Center (HLLC) is dedicated to supporting and enriching the College curricula by providing print and non-print materials to students and faculty and furthering the cause of lifelong education through instruction in the effective use of library resources.
OIT Support HoursSummer Session: May 2, 2022 - August 13, 2022
|Monday - Thursday||9 am - 9 pm|
|Friday||9 am - 12 pm|
|Saturday||9 am - 5 pm|
|Sunday||12 noon - 4 pm|
OIT Suite on the ground floor of the Fulmer Center
Phone: (302) 225-6277
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) staff maintains and develops the computing facilities to meet the needs of the students at the College and provides services and support for the entire College community.
Current GBC students are welcome to use technology facilities any time during posted hours. Campus technology areas are professional academic workspaces and guidelines have been established to safeguard the equipment and environment to allow students to do their best and most efficient work.
Although many GBC courses use online tools and services that work well across different web browsers, operating systems, and devices, certain courses may require software available only for Windows. As a result, the College recommends that students have access to a personal PC running Windows 10 or Windows 11.
When purchasing a new personal laptop, GBC recommends at least the following minimum specifications, to provide an optimal student learning experience:
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Screen size: 13 – 15”, with integrated camera and microphone
- Memory (RAM): 16 GB
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or equivalent
- Storage: 512 GB solid-state drive (SSD)
- Networking: 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0
- Security: hardware support for Windows Hello, anti-malware software
- Optional features: touch and/or pen support, 2-in-1 tablet design, fast USB-C charging
Goldey-Beacom College has an arrangement with Dell for special deals for our students, faculty and staff. We provide this link as a service and do not endorse their products or services.
- GBC Wi-Fi: Details about connecting wireless devices can be found in the GBC Wi-Fi section in the left menu of the Technology tab on Campus Web.
- Gaming and Streaming Devices: To configure gaming and streaming devices, start by completing a Device Registration Request form which can be found on the Technology Tab of Campus Web. Nintendo Wii gaming systems and Google Chromecast devices are currently not supported on GBC Wi-Fi.
- Other: To schedule an appointment during the hours listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.