Library & Technology Services
|Monday - Thursday||8:30 am - 10 pm|
|Friday||8 am - 5 pm|
|Saturday||8 am - 6 pm (7 pm on Saturday class days)|
|Sunday||11 am - 5 pm|
|The HLLC will be closed on all official College holidays. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for the dates GBC will be closed.|
Contact InformationAddress: Hirons Library and Learning Center, Jones Center, 4701 Limestone Road, Wilmington, DE 19808
Phone: (302) 225-6247
About The HLLC
The Hirons Library and Learning Center (HLLC) is dedicated to supporting and enriching the College curricula through the provision of print and non-print materials to students and faculty and to furthering the cause of lifelong education through instruction in the effective use of library resources. The HLLC contains two distinct spaces:
- The Knowledge Commons, which contains full-text volumes that are housed in a robust discovery tool which provides direct access to online collections
- The John R. Miller Academic Resource Center (ARC), a collaborative learning space which supports college faculty by providing a professionally monitored environment for students to complete proctored assessments and receive learning support
HLLC Computing Resources HoursSummer Session: May 6, 2019 - August 17, 2019
|Monday - Thursday||8:30 am - 10:20 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 10:20 pm|
|Saturday||8:00 am - 5:50 pm (6:50 pm on Saturday class days)|
|Sunday||11:00 am - 8:50 pm|
Hirons Library and Learning Center in the Jones Center
Phone: (302) 225-6277
The Hirons Library and Learning Center (HLLC) is the computing resource of Goldey-Beacom College. The Office of Information Technology (OIT) staff maintains and develops the computing facilities to meet the needs of the students at the College and provides services and support for the entire College community.
Current GBC students are welcome to use the facilities any time during posted hours. The laboratory is a workplace and guidelines have been established to safeguard the equipment and environment to allow students to do their best and most efficient work.
The College does not require students to purchase a computer; however, if purchasing a new laptop, consider the following minimum recommended specifications:
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Processor: Intel Core i5
- Networking: Integrated 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wireless
- Security: Up-to-date anti-malware software
Goldey-Beacom College has an arrangement with Dell and GovConnection for special deals for our students, faculty and staff. We provide this link as a service and do not endorse their products or services.
A Canon CanoScan LiDE 600F scanner is located in the HLLC and can be used for scanning documents and images into Windows, Microsoft Office, PDF, etc.
Office of Information Technology
- Hours: Monday - Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- GBC Wi-Fi: Details about connecting wireless devices can be found in the GBC Wi-Fi section in the left menu of the Technology tab on Campus Web.
- Wireless Configuration Issues: Students encountering problems connecting their wireless devices can obtain assistance from Student Tech Assistants in the Hirons Library and Learning Center, or schedule an appointment with OIT.
- Gaming and Streaming Devices: Appointments are needed to configure gaming and streaming devices. Nintendo Wii gaming systems and Google Chromecast devices are currently not supported on GBC Wi-Fi.
- Other: To schedule an appointment other than a wireless device configuration issue during the hours listed, please email email@example.com.